God’s ways are “higher” than ours.
This means that it will take some effort on our part to understand them.
It means that we need God’s wisdom to be able to “see” and comprehend them – at least in some greater measure. It means asking and searching what is the mind of the Spirit in respect to these things
Eph 2:10 (KJV) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Eph 2:10 (NIV) For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
KJV– ordain before, prepare afore;
4282 proetoimazo (pro-et-oy-mad’-zo); from 4253 and 2090; to fit up in advance (literally or figuratively):
KJV– thing that is made, workmanship.
4161 poiema (poy’-ay-mah); from 4160; a product, i.e. fabric (literally or figuratively):
KJV– create, Creator, make.
2936 ktizo (ktid’-zo); – probably akin to 2932 (through the idea of proprietor-ship of the manufacturer); to fabricate, i.e. found (form originally):
KJV– go, be occupied with, walk (about).
4043 peripateo (per-ee-pat-eh’-o); – from 4012 and 3961; to tread all around, i.e. walk at large (especially as proof of ability); figuratively, to live, deport oneself, follow (as a companion or votary):
Isa 49:2 (NIV) He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.
Isa 49:2 (NKJ) And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of His hand He has hidden Me, and made Me a polished shaft; in His quiver He has hidden Me.”
FROM THIS SCRIPTURE WE GET SOME UNDERSTANDING OF THE process OF GOD – HIS WAYS – IN OUR LIVES
WE KNOW GOD PREPARES HIS SERVANTS – this is very clear from Scripture.
- HE SHARPENS
- HE POLISHES
- HE SHARPENS – like a sharpened sword. – Like A Sharpened Sword.
1. PREPARTION OF LIFE – SPEAKING – PRODUCING SKILLS [GENERAL]
- GOD NEEDS A VOICE – HE USES US – TO SPEAK TO THIS WORLD – TO THE SINNER ETC
- HE GIVES US ABILITY TO SPEAK FOR HIM
- HE GIVES US THE SKILLS TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE DIVINE TRUTH
HE INFORMS (knowledge – reveals things – so that we have something divine, something worthwhile to say )
HE IMPELS (through inner motivation that makes us want to speak). Revelation of divine truth incorporates with it the inward motivation to want to share it.
HE IMPARTS SKILLS which enable us to proclamation things for him.
He does this by giving:- A discerning spirit of the hearers’ condition/state, of WHAT to say.
Prov 25:11(NIV) A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.
Wisdom on HOW to speak before differing peoples and in differing situations
Exod 4:10-12 (NIV) 10 Moses said to the LORD, “O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.” 11 The LORD said to him, “Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD? 12 Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”
An alert mind that has ability to INTERPRET and ARTICULATE God’s passion and heart on various issues to do with mankind
Isa 50:4 (NIV) The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.
Isa 50:4 (NKJ) “The Lord GOD has given Me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He awakens Me morning by morning, he awakens My ear to hear as the learned.
The promise of this is available for all of us. Do not negate its power to operate within by our “doubting it”
HE POLISHES – like a polished arrow – Like A Polished Arrow
2. PREPARATION OF LIFE – POLISHING – THE PRODUCING/ DEVELOPING CHARACTER ETC
- HE POLISHES – I.E. EQUIPS AND PREPARES FOR PROPER FLIGHT (straight flight) – TO SPEED US ON TO THE TARGET – AND
- TO ACCOMPLISH ITS MISSION (TO PENETRATE, KILL, STUN, DISARM ETC)
- HE POLISHES – PREPARES OUR CHARACTER – ESTABLISHES AND FORMS PROPER MORAL AND ETHIC PRINCIPLES WITHIN US,
- SO WE WILL NOT TO BE DEFLECTED [DISTRACTED] IN OUR JOURNEY TO WHICH HE COMMITTED US.
- SO THAT OUR LIVES DO NOT MISS THE TARGET – THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH GOD HAS PREPARED US.
BOTH of these speak of the PREPARATION PROCESS
BUT – GOD ALSO HIDES – his servants
THIS HOWEVER IS NOT PART OF THE PREPARATION PROCESS.
THIS HAS TO DO WITH GOD’S TIMING
The question of us is not in mind here. God has not gone to all the trouble of preparation without the end result in view; which is to use. So this is not the issue or message of this part of the process.
IT IS TO DO WITH TIMING AND APPLICATION
It involves wisdom – how to use, where to use, when to use and to what peoples to whom he will send?
BEFORE GOD FITS US TO HIS BOW AND SHOOTS US TOWARDS THE TARGET – HE MUST NOT ONLY PREPARE US – BUT HE HIDES US UNTIL
He hides us in his hand and his quiver
- THE HIDING PROCESS IS THE ONE THAT MAN HAS DIFFICULTY IN INDERSTANDING
- WHEN A THING IS READY – WHY NOT USE IT?
- THERE IS A DEFINITE AND CLEAR NEED FOR THE ARROW TO BE SHOT.
- THERE IS A NEED FOR HIS SERVANTS TO SPEAK.
THERE ARE NEEDS ALL AROUND AND WHY IS THERE NOT “ACTIVITY” IN THIS DIRECTION?
ALL TOO OFTEN THE NEED DETERMINES THE ACTIVITY FOR MANY OF US. – IT IS THE SOLE FACTOR THAT MAN SEEMS TO OPERATE BY IN TODAYS WORLD.
IF THERE IS NEED, THEN IT SHOULD NOT BE QUESTIONED THAT WE MUST ACT NOW.
WE HAVE THE GOODS, THE RESOURCES – LET US EMPLY THEM NOW.
Now this is true and right to act immediately in some cases. But why do we always tend to think this way in all circumstances? Is possible that we are “PRODUCTIVITY” oriented in our way of thinking about life in general.
Why is it we all too often do the following: –
We too often love things and use people, when we should be using things and loving people.
GOD WORKS DIFFERENTLY. – HE HIDES
- Not because of shame in what he has produced
- Not because he is not yet finished the preparation process
- He has other reasons for “hiding” his servants.
Do we see the wisdom of His ways?
- Can we understand the “hiding’ part of his dealings with our lives?
- Can we see that God wants to use us and he has purpose for our lives?
- How much of an effect does this truth have on your thinking and emotional part of your life?
- Is it all consuming?
- Is it crowded out by other competing influences?
What is our heart response to this truth, that God has taken us, prepared us and hidden us – so that he might release us into his purposes here on this earth?
ARE WE WILLING TO WAIT TO BE TAKEN
FITTED TO THE BOW AND
SHOT – RELEASED TO THE PURPOSES OF GOD?
Are you willing to come forth out from the place where he has been hiding us?
Are you willing to move on to the next stage from the preparation & hiding process?
Are you willing to rise up – and come up a little higher in your response to the purposes of God for your life?
Pastor Barry Silverback.